Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

RIP Lauren Giddings




I don't usually write personal blog articles but I kinda needed to say something about this. Last night I drove down to school to go to class, but the campus had tons of police cars and police tape. Speaking with a classmate, I was informed one of our classmates was murdered. http://www.macon.com/2011/06/30/1616531/body-found-mercer-law-giddings.html

I have worked on the other side prosecuting murdered or were present for the trials. Not knowing the details, especially who it was for the longest time, had the entire law school community on edge.

I feel so bad for this girl. All she wanted to do was help people, she was working on becoming a public defender for inmates on death row. It is ironic now that her killer, when they get him, might be facing the death penalty. I wasn't close with her. I had spoken with her once or twice. But as a human, the fact that her body was dismembered just shocks you to the core. Knowing someone you had a conversation with a few weeks ago is gone in such a brutal way. Apparently, they have arrested another one of my classmates on burglary and he is her next door neighbor. The police have indicated he is a person of interest in this case.

Lauren, the mercer community will miss you and you were taken so young. I hope you are able to rest in peace and hopefully, we will be able to get justice for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment